Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ummm...is this thing on???







Hi.



I know. It's been a long, long time. I got married, then the holidays, then this and that and blah, blah, blah. I'm now back and hoping to do a better job of updating on a more regular basis. Please forgive me. Especially my brother-in-law.



Tonight our friends Jen and Greg came over. We grilled out and talked and caught up - it was good. Such a gorgeous night out - got dark for like 10 minutes but otherwise, perfect...great breezes, etc. And it got scary when Jen went inside and got a phone call from her house saying there were tornado warnings. We turned on the TV to find that indeed a mere 20 miles north of us...tornados!! crazy!!



Anyway...I introduced Jen to rhubarb for dessert. For those who have never seen...smittenkitchen is a foodie website to die for. Perfect yummy things all the time. Tonight, I made her Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. To. Die. For. Absolutely.










Rhubarb is so pretty...especially with strawberries. Pinks and Greens and Reds.






I don't have a finished picture. We dug in and put it with some ice cream and it happened before the picture. I will take one tomorrow....of what is left.
If any makes it through the night. MMMM - was this good!!!!
Go try it as soon as you can...easy, tasty, tart and sweet and so darn good.
more soon, I promise.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Hi! I had *almost* given up on you but I'm glad you're back, darling! :)