Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Appliances = Inspiring!!

So this weekend we got our new appliances. George and I spent weeks looking and debating and researching and drooling - and now they are finally here!!! And early wedding present from his mom...generous and appreciated and sooo exciting!


Aren't they beautiful? Should I name them - like a car??







Now that I have rearranged the cupboards that I lost due to the height of the fridge and the addition of the hood/microwave, I have the time to figure out what I really want to use these wonders to create!! I'm open to suggestions.

Today, we christaned the stove top with bacon and the oven with monkey bread - a breakfast favorite and totally unhealthy. Monkey bread is my mom's trademark. She makes it on vacation - have bundt pan, will travel. I remember when she got the recipe for the first time - at a Tupperware party she hosted. Since then - in the early 80s - it has been THE celebratory breakfast food. This is what is left of ours from this morning.




Then, this afternoon, I matched George's request for cookies - and tried Paula Deen's Coconut White Chocolate cookie recipe.

I should have read the reviews first - as they were indeed a little drier than I had hoped - but they are still good.
Looking over the day - perhaps I need to get back on track towards the healthy!!

We'll see what this week brings us - I can't wait!!

No comments: