Monday, July 7, 2008

T-bones, grilled onions, baked potatoes, salads, heaven



I am a big fan of the markdown section in the meat department. I always stop, check it out, look at dates, ponder if I can make something out of it - or get it to a freezer fast. That's how we ended up with 2 big T-Bone steaks. They called to me, they called to my grill.
So, George heated up the grill and baked the potatoes and marinaded his new favorite veggie - mushrooms.
Sidenote: I don't like mushrooms. I just don't. I don't understand them. And while I pride myself in being able to cook nearly anything simple and basic....I never paid attention to the mushroom. So now, my Fiance who likes a very limited number of veggies decides he likes these. I'm in a crash course learning how to cook them!! Tonight - marinade in teryaki and then grill.


Anyway - Steaks dressed simply with pepper, salt, garlic powder. Onions sliced thicked, drizzled with canola oil and sprinkled with salt. Thrown on the grill. This is my new fav side dish. Anytime I fire up the grill, onions are usually a part of it. The yummy soft texture and sweet flavor that just melts in my mouth. So simple and easy.


Baked potato with butter, salt and pepper.



Salad with leftover grilled red and orange peppers and onions, tomato, and ranch dressing.









Life doesn't get better than this on a summer night.

1 comment:

The Specter Family said...

hey there - just wanted to let you know we linked to you on our blog. cool idea, we'll be checking it out. (even if your blog title does sound like a couple of exotic dancers...)