Sunday, August 3, 2008

French Onion Dip

Onions....before carmalization...after tears.

George's cousin is pregnant and the shower was today. I had called to her mom earlier this week to ask if there was anything I could do to help. Victoria is a good person and always makes an effort to talk to me at family gatherings - so whatever I could do to help with the shower for her, I was willing.




Her mom mentioned french onion dip for the chips and I happily accepted. I decided this was a good chance to try out making it from scratch....and Alton Brown came to the rescue with this recipe.




Like the review mentioned - and really places like Food Network and All Recipes are some of the greatest places to get recipes because a thousand other people have tried it before you and suggest what makes it even better - I added more onions and adjusted the Sour Cream to Mayo ratio to more Scream, less mayo. And actually, I used Miracle Whip - as that's what I had. George thinks it's a little sweet. Vidalia Onions probably didn't help much with that. He was still eating what I brought home.


Pair it with some wavy chips, and you've got a great snack!!

No comments: